Sunday, May 24, 2015

Poem In The Dark

Poem In The Dark 

by steven masone

Mad Men credits falling man video animated gif
Through the tear stained windows

of my dark and cold night

Quiet shadows cast down from above, no warmth , no light.

Inwardly I grieve as the faraway music cries, 


closing her melodic door.

Sweet songs fading, the beauty of their refrain, no more.

My eyes lift and see the pale glimmer- vanish as a fleeting 


cloud...Torn between sense and sound, I give up my 

voice, I cry aloud!


More tears upon tears, falling down and down they fell,

rivers... deep fountains, a bitter... black fire to quell. 

Ashes of broken dreams fly upward in desperate courage... 


ringing hope's bell.

I rise up from the pointless haze and blind torment... of my 


long, lonely, and unbearable... hell.
by steven masone
-

No comments:

Post a Comment