Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mangia! Mangia! @ La Pomodori Ristorante of Florence Oregon

A Review: La Pomodori Ristorante in Florence, Oregon




Image






A Review
By Steven Masone


Normally I do not review Italian restaurants.
 The reason being I have owned one and was trained
 by the five star chef we imported from Italy. So even in
San Francisco, I have been disappointed more often than not. 
So  I took a leap of faith having lunch
 at La Pomodori Ristorante in Florence Oregon
 and was pleasantly surprised.  I ordered the 'Sweet Chile Pesce'.
..  Pacific Snapper encrusted with panko breading, 
finished with a sweet chile bruschetta over linguini.  

The restaurant is small and intimate with a clean minimalist decor 
and no pretentious Italian art or the usual overdone attempts 
at trying to  create a "little Italy." 




I ordered the salad instead of soup, which was european
 greens , tomatoes,
red onions and a great raspberry vinaigrette. 
(I saved half for desert!)   

The snapper was better than I had hoped for as I had tried another
 recommended spot in Florence and their Pesce dish was very disappointing. 
The flavor was excellent! The sweet & 
spicy chile did not overpower the fish 
and the breading was perfect. Large slivers 
of fresh shaved Parmesan with
 the garlic and other spices made a great 
marriage. 
The linguine was done 
to my liking (medium-well al dente) 
and at $11 I was pleased to make dinner
reservations so I can bring our readers an 
in-depth review on their traditional
 Veal and Pasta dishes, and their Cioppino. So far, it looks like I have found 
a first class Italian Ristorante in Florence, Oregon.

   La Pomodori Ristorante website  http://www.lapomodori.com/4601.html
- See more at: http://www.deltanewsandreview.com/2013/10/a-review-la-pomodori-ristorante-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment