Thursday, March 6, 2014

Nina's Ukraine Homecoming: 'Seventeen Years... Everything Has Changed.'

Nina's Ukraine Homecoming: 'Seventeen Years... Everything Has Changed.'






      Nina Chobu-Linsky came to America seventeen years ago from Ukraine. She is a single mom with four children pursuing the American dream in Sacramento, California. A student and working mom. This is a documentary via Facebook of her return home to Ukraine which coincides with the Russian invasion of Ukraine's Crimea. 









  1. Here’s my Facebook movie. Find yours at https://facebook.com/lookback/#FacebookIs10

    Like ·  · Promote · 
  2. #playingwfood #kiddoes

    Photo: #playingwfood #kiddoes

  3. Finally!!!! I was able to book my flight!!!! Going back to Ukraine 1ST time in 16.5 years.... Super excited. ✈ 

    Photo: Finally!!!! I was able to book my flight!!!! Going back to Ukraine 1ST time in 16.5 years.... Super excited. ✈ :D

  4. · 
  5. Made a profile on odnoklassniki.ru to find my childhood friends and classmates from Ukraine. Excited to find some and to even find out that some of them have just arrived to Kiev for the same reason I'm going there for!!!! Great minds think alike.  Got their cell #s and look forward to meeting and working with them all. :)))))) #cantwait
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  6. Yes indeed it is a shame.

    Photo: Yes indeed it is a shame.

  7. Не так? Lol

    Photo: Не так? Lol

  8. Baby girl got the world map out and found the place where mommy is going.  My cutie... Will miss my babies a lot!

    Photo: Baby girl got the world map out and found the place where mommy is going. :) My cutie... Will miss my babies a lot!

  9. A little nervous getting away for so long. Can't get my kids off my mind already. But I'm going to try to relax and do this thing and have a good time. — at San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  10. This is nice when you got a 12 hr layaway. Time for lunch and some homework. — atDelta terminal, Delta SkyClub, LGA in NYC.
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  11. Made it safe to last stop. About to board for Ukraine. Should be there within 6 hours. Kind of exhausted... — traveling to Kyiv, Ukraine from Gate D10.
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  12. It's raining! �� — at Kyiv,ukraine.
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  13. They've been announcing their routes since like 5am! View from my window.. Gonna go find a ride to Izmail, 100 kilometers from Odessa.

    Photo: They've been announcing their routes since like 5am! View from my window.. Gonna go find a ride to Izmail, 100 kilometers from Odessa.

  14. To my family and friends concerned about my safety in Ukraine: The conditions in the Odessa area and even Kiev is stabilized. There are no gun men in the streets. Lol. Some people from the East side of the country even come here for safety. So there's no need to worry. People are very mellow and go on with their daily business. No violence. The weather is in low to mid 40s. It's perfect! I'm navigating through the country and within cities like I've always been here. I don't feel afraid or unsafe and I am being safe. I'm glad I decided to visit here!! 
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  15. I can't believe how many abandoned dogs I've seen here. They probably don't even have shelters here... Wanna get an idea how it looks like? Just imagine all your local shelters let all their dogs out. 
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  16. Got to Izmail a few hours ago. Got myself a room, left my luggage and went exploring midtown on foot like a zombie still adopting to time change. Got some groceries and came back half dead. Now falling asleep... Haven't seen any of my relatives yet, planning to start visiting tomorrow. Goodnight. — feeling sleepy.
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  17. It's Wed morning here and I've been here since Monday morn and still haven't had a chance to see anyone yet. I just wanted to see the city here and rest up before I see everyone. I guess people have been looking for me here.. oops. Went to sleep last night at 5pm, woke up at 4am this morn. Slowly but surely adjusting to this time. It's 4:45am and I'm video chatting with my kids. Hope I'm not too loud for my neighbors next door. Lol
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  18. Yesterday I wanted to try to live on a budget of an ordinary local person here. So here's what I could get. There's no way I would spend over 100 hrivni ($15) on groceries.

    Photo: Yesterday I wanted to try to live on a budget of an ordinary local person here. So here's what I could get. There's no way I would spend over 100 hrivni ($15) on groceries.

  19. Lenin still stands in Izmail. Pic from yesterday.

    Photo: Lenin still stands in Izmail. Pic from yesterday.

  20. The best hotel in town! Lol place I'm staying at the moment. Day 2. Slept til 4am. Did homework til noon. Now got out to go see this world and visit Kislica. 

    Photo: The best hotel in town! Lol place I'm staying at the moment. Day 2. Slept til 4am. Did homework til noon. Now got out to go see this world and visit Kislica. :)

  21. Кислицкая школа. The school I went to 4-7th grade. Gonna go meet the teachers! 

    Photo: Кислицкая школа. The school I went to 4-7th grade. Gonna go meet the teachers! :)

  22. Дорога на Кислицу. On my way to Kislica.

    Photo: Дорога на Кислицу. On my way to Kislica.

  23. The soccer field is still here! 

    Photo: The soccer field is still here! :P

  24. The school I went to 1st to 4th grade. It's no longer open though. They built a new elementary school.

    Photo: The school I went to 1st to 4th grade. It's no longer open though. They built a new elementary school.

  25. Decided to walk from school all the way to the old house we lived in and take the same route I did as a kid. Just remembered the time when I once got attacked by a pack of dogs when I was walking home. Scary! I hope this won't happen today! Lol

    Photo: Decided to walk from school all the way to the old house we lived in and take the same route I did as a kid. Just remembered the time when I  once got attacked by a pack of dogs when I was walking home. Scary! I hope this won't happen today! Lol

  26. The same old grocery store on Lenina Boulevard. Haha

    Photo: The same old grocery store on Lenina Boulevard. Haha

  27. How about this for a restroom? Lol On Grandpa's old property.

    Photo: How about this for a restroom? Lol On Grandpa's old property.

  28. Made it to my best friend's house tonight.  We went back to Izmail and got my stuff at the hotel. Going to stay with her now. We have so many memories and so much to talk about!!! So awesome. We were classmates from Kindergarten through 7th grade. So many funny and silly things we still do when we're together. :)))))
    Like ·  · Promote · 
  29. Лиличка... Маленький ангелочек.  — with Marina Chobu.

    Photo: Лиличка... Маленький ангелочек. ��

  30. Not the best quality video but still. A small glimpse inside the old house.

    To be continued....
- See more at: http://www.deltanewsandreview.com/2014/03/ninas-ukraine-homecoming-seventeen.html#sthash.8oRZUccJ.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment